BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
yashpande
Obsidian | Level 7
Hi All,
I need to add new field on ECM case that is created. It will be called Action_taken. This is new field and needs to be added. I have already added this column in Case_live table. User to whom the case is assigned will login and type the action he has taken on case on ECM GUI. After he has finished writing the action, the text added in case should be directly updated in case_live table.
I am unable to update the xml, its giving me error
Case Action_taken is not defined.

Need your help in updating the XML.
1 REPLY 1
Patrick
Opal | Level 21

@yashpande

More and more time is passing since I've used ECM and I start to forget things but...

Shouldn't you add custom fields via UDF tables?

CASE_UDF_DEF

CASE_UDF_<CHAR|NUM>_VALUE

ECM uses an Entity-Attribute-Value model and additional columns and even tables should get defined via data and not via structural changes (changes to DDL).

The UDF_DEF tables get used to define virtual tables and columns, the _UDF_<CHAR|NUM|...>_VALUE tables get used to store such user defined columns (for existing or newly defined tables).

I'd be very cautious with DDL changes and should that be possible without breaking ECM then you'd certainly would still have to define the column in some _DEF table and also add it to the _VERSION table.

Below the steps required to customize ECM (found in some in-between outdated training material but should still be valid):

• Customizing Data Model
  • Customizing UI Definitions
  • Customizing Page Elements
  • Customizing Valid Values
  • Customizing Application Behavior

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

CLI in SAS Viya

Learn how to install the SAS Viya CLI and a few commands you may find useful in this video by SAS’ Darrell Barton.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation