BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.

Is there a utility that helps in creating a new server context under LevN parallel to SASApp?

What I want is a semi-automatic generation of the configuration tree combined with the necessary definitions in the metadata.

Reason: I need to set up different server contexts with separated configurations for separate user groups.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ronan
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

I agree with David's suggestion.

See 43276 - Adding an application server to an existing SAS® Intelligence Platform configuration

This is the standard procedure for our installations.

Be careful if you intend to add a specific Authentication Domain or alnternative system account like sassrv. Sometimes, those objets are not created by the SDW and need manual creation via the SMC.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
LinusH
Tourmaline | Level 20

Don't think I've seems something like this.

It could be something that SAS Professional Services got in their Tool Pool archives.

Can you define semi-automatic? Like a parametrized script?

Probably you need to do a lot of manual work anyway, like assigning metadata object to new context, e.g. Tables.

So how many user groups do you have to do it for?

If they are quite few, chances are that its easier to do it manually-

If they are a vast number, chances are that this in not a optimal solution to handle your (for us unknown) requirement.

Data never sleeps
dpage
SAS Employee

You could use the SDW with a response file. Just select which servers you intend to place in the new server context as what you wish to configure, and it will ask if you want to create a new server context, say yes. Then just find / replace the server context name in the response file for each new iteration you need to create.

See chapter 6 of the Intelligence Platform : Installation and Configuration guide

SAS Intelligence Platform

Specifically "Recording a SAS Deployment Wizard Response File" and "Playing Back a SAS Deployment Wizard Response File"

ronan
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

I agree with David's suggestion.

See 43276 - Adding an application server to an existing SAS® Intelligence Platform configuration

This is the standard procedure for our installations.

Be careful if you intend to add a specific Authentication Domain or alnternative system account like sassrv. Sometimes, those objets are not created by the SDW and need manual creation via the SMC.

jakarman
Barite | Level 11

You could use that responsefile of the SDW and see what it is doing.

Can you isolated the needed parts 1/ xml-files importing definitions to the metadata 2/ creating al lot of OS files at the Lev- level than you can automate those steps.

It makes sense to define a lot those. APPlication Servers is about applications not about usergroups. When a usergroup is identical to one application there is no difference.

When a usergroup is using many applications you get many differentations. Ah some people are using just one application  that is Excel. (at using only one spreadsheet) 

---->-- ja karman --<-----

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

CLI in SAS Viya

Learn how to install the SAS Viya CLI and a few commands you may find useful in this video by SAS’ Darrell Barton.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 7 likes
  • 5 in conversation