BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Aldred
Calcite | Level 5
Hi All,
I have lodged a track number; 7613034031 due to sashost.dll locked down issue.

The scenario I having was for the new machine (reimanged/rebuilt). Installation of SAS 9.4 M4 through SCCM was deployed without issue.

Afterward, uninstallation was done successfully with sccm as well. However, I did notice there are left behind like sashost.dll is not removed. So I rebooted the machine then I remove the sashost.dll

From there on Installation always failed through sccm afterward.

Based on the workaround found above by Daniel, I included tasks in my PS script installation & Uninstallation.
Pre Installation/Uninstallation
1. Stop Services "Windows Event Log" ; Stop-Service -Force -NoWait -Name "EventLog"
2. Change the startup type of the EventLog to Manual first; Set-Service -Name "EventLog" -StartupType Manual
3. Remove sas registry sas key have; Remove-Item -Path HKLM:\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\EventLog\Application\SAS -Recurse -Force -ErrorAction SilentlyContinue

Post-Installation/Uninstallation
1. Change the startup type of the eventlog back to Automatic; Set-Service -Name "EventLog" -StartupType Automatic

Above task resolve my installation/uninstallation issue through SCCM

The target OS in my environment is windows 10 x64.

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

Get Started with SAS Information Catalog in SAS Viya

SAS technical trainer Erin Winters shows you how to explore assets, create new data discovery agents, schedule data discovery agents, and much more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 15 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 7 in conversation