BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
nhvdwalt
Barite | Level 11

Hi team,

How do I connect to a JDBC data source from SAS ? I have the JDBC URI and the jar file for the target database

I'm looking for something similar to SAS Access to Hadoop where you can spcify the custom URI in the libname statement.

Thanks,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ChrisBrooks
Ammonite | Level 13

Sorry but I don't think you can do this without using SAS/ACCESS - try raising the question with SAS Support

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
ChrisBrooks
Ammonite | Level 13

It'll be vendor-specific but if you're talking about Hadoop this page could give you a start http://support.sas.com/documentation/cdl/en/acreldb/69580/HTML/default/viewer.htm#p0ly2onqqpbys8n1j9...

nhvdwalt
Barite | Level 11

Thanks Chris,

Yes, that is exactly what I need, but not under SAS/Access to Haddop, but rather just a generic JDBC connection (engine). So imagine something like SAS/Access to JDBC where you can specify your own JDBC URI in the libname. For example ....

LIBNAME mylib JDBC URI="<< my custom JDBC connection string>>";

RUN;

ChrisBrooks
Ammonite | Level 13

Sorry but I don't think you can do this without using SAS/ACCESS - try raising the question with SAS Support

nhvdwalt
Barite | Level 11

Thanks Chris, will do.

nhvdwalt
Barite | Level 11

Reply from Tech Support...

"

Red Hat JBoss Data Virtualization is very similar to our SAS Federation Server, I didn't find any good resource on that but looking at Red Hat documentation it can be accessed via ODBC or JDBC.

Our first choice would be using SAS\Access to ODBC because it's the more standard approach for connecting to any ODBC compliant DB.

Another option would be to connect SAS Federation server to Red Hat JBoss Data Virtualization but it's more complicated and redundant.  "

@ChrisBrooks

SalmanMaher
SAS Employee

SAS has released SAS/ACCESS to JDBC with SAS 9.4m6 in 2018. See Help Center documentation for more information.

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

CLI in SAS Viya

Learn how to install the SAS Viya CLI and a few commands you may find useful in this video by SAS’ Darrell Barton.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 3 in conversation