BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
sanjeeva
Calcite | Level 5

Hi Champions,

(I am have the 3 Machines one Machine having metadata tier , one Machine having midtier & one Machine having compute- tier , all in OS is REHL)----old environment
(New environment need to clone metadata tier , compute tier and mid tier need install & configuration ) –new environment

Approch

1 first step install Os in new environment 3 machines

2 take the back up for all tier from old  envirionment

3 Replication/ clone the mid-tier and compute-tire, metadata tier , mid-tier (with out os all sas binareies coped form old to new

Re-configure SAS Metadata Server and Compute Tier related Configuration Files to point to new Environment ,

Update the local service accounts passwords using SDM, Unconfigure mid tier environment (WAS)

is there any OS (REHL)  setting need to change in new environment ?

Note : Here all domain names are same (old environment and new environment) expect ips

Can please suggest me what are the challenges in this approach, if you can it is great helpful for me

Thanks in Advance
Sanjeeva Reddy

2 REPLIES 2
sanjeeva
Calcite | Level 5

I missed out one point

I need to cloned/Replication  sas 9.2 and 9.3 as well

Thanks in Advance

Sanjeeva Reddy

Mark_sas
SAS Employee

I take it you've got separate 9.2 and 9.3 environments, which you're trying to clone to equivalent 9.2 and 9.3 environments on the new server machines.  When you say you're going to reconfigure the metadata and compute tiers, and all things being equal between old and new systems, you really only need to take care of hostname references via the SAS Deployment Manager (assuming those have changed).  What you're describing matches Use Case 2 of http://support.sas.com/documentation/cdl/en/bisag/64088/HTML/default/viewer.htm#a003361855.htm (for 9.2) and

http://support.sas.com/documentation/cdl/en/bisag/65422/HTML/default/viewer.htm#n0zdcqxsmd21wtn17vt0... (for 9.3).

I'm not sure why you mention unconfiguring the WAS middle tier, unless you're talking about unconfiguring it on the old middle tier.

Register today and join us virtually on June 16!
sasglobalforum.com | #SASGF

View now: on-demand content for SAS users

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

CLI in SAS Viya

Learn how to install the SAS Viya CLI and a few commands you may find useful in this video by SAS’ Darrell Barton.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation