BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
RGUL
Calcite | Level 5

One of the steps in the post installation activities on the Compute server (as per the 'Instructions.html' document)  is to run validation tests using SAS Management Console, and to run the Deployment Tester suite of tests from SAS Management Console. The Deployment Tester suite checked out ok on all but the SAS IQ test which had 1 failure, when it found a checksum error in sasenv_local.

Why did this checksum error happen, and what needs to be done to fix it?

Thanks.

8 REPLIES 8
mohamed_zaki
Barite | Level 11

What you was doing exactly: runnig hotfix, new installation or updates?

Which product you install?

RGUL
Calcite | Level 5

New installation of SAS 9.3. I have finished the Install and Configure steps using SAS Deployment Wizard, and am now doing the post configuration steps which involve validation etc. from SAS Management Console.

RGUL
Calcite | Level 5

I did not choose to run SAS IQ after SAS OQ. The Deployment Tester did it in that sequence when I selected to execute the full suite of tests.

So does this error happen for everyone ?

With regard to file contents being changed, as per the documentation on configuration tasks to be done after install (see document http://support.sas.com/documentation/installcenter/en/ikfdtnurnxcg/64205/PDF/default/config.pdf) I had to make changes in sasenv_local in /SASROOT/SASFoundations/9.3/bin to add the LIBNAME statements.

In short is this error not severe enought to warrant fixing before proceeding with the rest of the install/configuration?

Thanks.                                                              

jakarman
Barite | Level 11

you should not modify that file as there is a usermods version of that.

The libname are to be solved differently as there are usermod-files for all on the sasapp config level. 

---->-- ja karman --<-----
RGUL
Calcite | Level 5

A SAS consultant had instructed us to make the change in the sasnev_local file in SASHOME/SASFoundations/9.3/bin folder.

I realized I should have done the checksum validation before I made the change in the file, as the validation was to confirm the install was completed corectly. The error disappeared once I reverted the sasenv_local to its original state,before running the Deployment Tester suite of tests for SAS IQ.

mohamed_zaki
Barite | Level 11

Then please check the question as answered.

RGUL
Calcite | Level 5

Thanks. I've marked it answered.

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

CLI in SAS Viya

Learn how to install the SAS Viya CLI and a few commands you may find useful in this video by SAS’ Darrell Barton.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation