BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
DarrylLawrence
Obsidian | Level 7

We are upgrading to a newer version of SAS and I need to do an audit to confirm that all our metadata items (and contents, like the export definition columns and format)  have been migrated correctly.

The metadata items were created in SAS Management Console  :

Application Management

Application Resources

Campaign definitions
Communication definitions
Export definitions
Business Context
Custom Groups
Custom Tags
Information Map Metadata
Seeds
Custom Diagram Tools (Custom Nodes)
Response Definitions
2 REPLIES 2
ShelleySessoms
Community Manager

Hello, I'm a Community Manager for SAS. I've moved this question to the Admin and Deployment community in order to give it more visibility. Thanks for using our communities!

Shelley

It's time to register for SAS Innovate! Join your SAS user peers in Las Vegas on April 16-19 2024.
jakarman
Barite | Level 11

You are asking an impossible question. There is that much data and information being transferred you never can tell nothing has been missed. It is more easy to find something that has been missed.
The questions I can see are:

- your new system should work according to requiements. That is a technical en functional test as separate approach

- Your data should be migrated to new locations. It should be verified within an isolated environment (no external connections).

This is a similar question as can you backup/restore your system. When you cannot answer and give a proof for that why would you do an audit on that.

- With new versions the real implementation changes. It is a new version.

What you can do after all functionality is verified is checking/verifying visual at some random chosen metacontent whether all is there with the metadatabrowsers.

There is a product metadcoda that is helpful on the generic metadata content not the dedicated solutions ones.

Building your own extraction programs is possible but will need a lot of work.     

---->-- ja karman --<-----

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

CLI in SAS Viya

Learn how to install the SAS Viya CLI and a few commands you may find useful in this video by SAS’ Darrell Barton.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 like
  • 3 in conversation