10-31-2017 01:44 PM
10-31-2017 02:47 PM
Thanks for your reply. How does upgrading SAS 9.4 from M3 to M5 differ than installing SAS 9.4 M5?
a month ago
Updating from SAS 9.4 M3 to M5 does not require uninstalling SAS software, whereas a fresh install of SAS 9.4 M5 on an environment where SAS 9.4 M3 is already installed would require uninstalling first which is time-consuming and unnecessary. The update path is recommended over the fresh install. Note that updating from an existing 9.4 release to a later one usually takes less time that performing a new installation. I hope this helps answer your question.
Please see the SAS Maintenance Process page for more information about obtaining an updated SAS 9.4 M5 package, and see the SAS Guide to Software Updates for more information about performing an update.
I'd be happy to answer any other questions you have about the update process either on this thread, or you can open a technical support track.
Thank you for using SAS!
11-01-2017 05:24 AM
a few things that might help you.
- First, an upgrade, when possible, is generally preferable to a brand new installation: you won't need to migrate stuff, less time (within a day, normally), no new hardware required, etc etc.
- Second, and going to the point. Perhaps @alexal is updated and he is right, but I think it is worth a shot to check if you can upgrade SAS Studio without upgrading other components.
- This guide shows how to do it for upgrading to 3.5 https://blogs.sas.com/content/sgf/2016/08/31/quick-way-update-sas-studio-3-5/
- This hotfix will allow to upgrade 3.5 to 3.6 without upgrading the complete platform http://support.sas.com/kb/57/898.html
- Hence, you can either upgrade to 3.6 for sure, or you could contact SAS Technical Support to check if there is an updated hotfix or procedure to upgrade to SAS Studio 3.7. I would recommend any of those 2 options to you.
Hope it helps! Either option you will chose, please update us to know what is the latest option to move forward.
11-01-2017 07:14 AM
That doesn't apply to SAS Studio 3.7. You have to be on SAS 9.4 M5.