BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
niam
Quartz | Level 8

Hello;

I am trying to instal SAS 9.3 on a brand new LENOVO B575 which runs on Windows Home Premium 64 bit. How ever, it failed in Blue Screen with stop error: 0x0000007E.

The next part of the code was  (0xFFFFFFFFC0000005,  and then there were other sections.

failures happened after SAS queried me for setup modules to install and language.  I selected the UB basic modules and cleared all languages except English.  It completed the system check of about 268 files and verified that the disk space was available.  It crashed before the Deployment Summary was displayed.  This would have shown me the full list of the approximately 268 software modules that would be installed.

Would you please let me know if you have had the same experience? How can I solve this? Is there a problem with my hardware?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
6 REPLIES 6
Reeza
Super User

That sounds like something you should talk to tech support about.

Also typically the requirements for SAS have been Professional versions, not Home versions and the install would fail if it wasn't, thought it didn't give you a blue screen when it did so.

It wasn't clear what version of Windows you were using, Windows 7 I assume?

niam
Quartz | Level 8

I have windows 7.

I called SAS technical support, and send them the log files, I hope they can help. I need SAS urgently! while waiting for the technical support, I appreciate if some one can share his/her knowledge/experience

SASKiwi
PROC Star

Please refer to Windows System Requirements documentation for SAS 9.3:

http://support.sas.com/documentation/installcenter/en/ikfdtnwx6sr/64432/PDF/default/sreq.pdf

This states on page 3 that SAS only officially supports Windows Home Premium for the Education Analytical Suite (EAS) and not the SAS products individually.

What SAS products are you trying to install and at what point did you get the blue screen? The bottom line is you may have to upgrade Windows to a supported version, such as Windows Professional.

niam
Quartz | Level 8

You are right , I am trying to instal SAS/Base 9.3 which appearantly does not support windows 7 home premium.

I will upgrade to profesisona windows and see if it is going to resolve the problem or not

niam
Quartz | Level 8

I installed windows 7 professional (64 bit) and it installed smoothly!

SASKiwi
PROC Star

Excellent news! Enjoy...

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

CLI in SAS Viya

Learn how to install the SAS Viya CLI and a few commands you may find useful in this video by SAS’ Darrell Barton.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 3 in conversation