BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
woo
Barite | Level 11 woo
Barite | Level 11

what is best way (any monitoring tool like grid manager or cli at linux side) to know which sas job executed by which application.

Thank you!!!

5 REPLIES 5
r_behata
Barite | Level 11

Try this cli command on the grid environment to get a listing of the sas jobs (depending on the privileges set) being executed currently in your environment. 

bjobs

Output Will be similar to :

JOBID USER STAT QUEUE FROM_HOST EXEC_HOST JOB_NAME SUBMIT_TIME

woo
Barite | Level 11 woo
Barite | Level 11

Thanks but i am looking from application perspective. I used to use "bjobs -u all" commands to get details but it doesn't tell from which application job is running (example, SAS EG or Studio or SAS EM) 

r_behata
Barite | Level 11

It does for the Workspace sessions created by SAS EG. Not sure about other sas applications though.

JOB_NAME

SAS Enterprise Guide_SASApp - Workspace Server

Anand_V
Ammonite | Level 13
Hi @woo,

I think you can use the command bjobs -u all to get job information for SAS Studio and SAS EG applications. If you have a large base of users using these applications and you want to monitor the jobs, you can define separate queue for each application and monitor the jobs submitted to respective queues.

Since you haven't mentioned which version of SAS you are using, just to let you know Grid Manager plugin for SMC isn't supported in SAS 9.4 M6
https://documentation.sas.com/?docsetId=gridref&docsetTarget=p1kgfem7vpt7ain1r2ce8jdcc3h5.htm&docset...

This link has steps to setup queues at application level.

http://support.sas.com/documentation/cdl/en/gridref/67371/HTML/default/viewer.htm#n1inymfs0b7go2n147...

Thanks!
woo
Barite | Level 11 woo
Barite | Level 11

Thanks Anand.

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

Get Started with SAS Information Catalog in SAS Viya

SAS technical trainer Erin Winters shows you how to explore assets, create new data discovery agents, schedule data discovery agents, and much more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 3 in conversation