BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
Jim_Ogilvie
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi,

We have SAS Analytics Pro running on a Windows server - all stable, running for 3 months now.

I currently have 3 ETL jobs, each triggered by a scheduled *.bat file.

I have these jobs running one at a time, each of them is accessing a different database.

I will soon need to add more ETL jobs and wanted to know if I could move things around to have jobs running at the same time and if I did this, are there any gotcha's I should I look out for or advise you could give.

Thanks in advance

Jim

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
LinusH
Tourmaline | Level 20

The gotcha's I can think of is

• Resources: physical, and check your SAS global options for MEMSIZE/SORTSIZE
  • Job dependencies - reading/updating the same tables

If you start to get plenty of jobs, it could be wise to investigate in using a scheduling tool so can get a better overview/control of your environment.

Data never sleeps

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
LinusH
Tourmaline | Level 20

The gotcha's I can think of is

• Resources: physical, and check your SAS global options for MEMSIZE/SORTSIZE
  • Job dependencies - reading/updating the same tables

If you start to get plenty of jobs, it could be wise to investigate in using a scheduling tool so can get a better overview/control of your environment.

Data never sleeps

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

Get Started with SAS Information Catalog in SAS Viya

SAS technical trainer Erin Winters shows you how to explore assets, create new data discovery agents, schedule data discovery agents, and much more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 1 like
  • 2 in conversation