BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
gra_in_aus
Quartz | Level 8

I need to migrate every SAS DI Job from Production (Linux) to our new SAS Grid Environment (Linux) circa 100,000 jobs.  The migration will need to include all folders and dependencies.  Is there a easier way to complete a mass migration of a whole server?  Or an example of using the Batch Export and Import based on a full migration of a SAS DI Jobs from a production server?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

G

2 REPLIES 2
Anand_V
Ammonite | Level 13

Hi @gra_in_aus 

That's a lot of jobs!! I have done export/import of around 1000+ jobs and it can get very tedious if there are failures. Few points from myside:

• Suggest to break it into chunks of smaller jobs rather doing it in one shot
  • Make sure Metadata server is running optimally i.e.  no slowness observed or file system issues
  • Take full cold backup of the system
  • It could take a long time to process so better to run it in background
  • Deployment directories created by users can be a lot and at different file system paths. Verify this from source and create it in the destination environment
    • If there are a lot of them, better to reach out to TS to help create them automatically using code or if you can do it via code
  •  Take a backup again after deployment to fall back incase of issues later
  • If you are planning to do it via multiple jobs, intermediate backups can help incase there is a failure in between jobs
gra_in_aus
Quartz | Level 8
Thanks for the info. Probably will need to raise a tech support due to the volume of jobs and flows involved.

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

Get Started with SAS Information Catalog in SAS Viya

SAS technical trainer Erin Winters shows you how to explore assets, create new data discovery agents, schedule data discovery agents, and much more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 like
  • 2 in conversation