BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
Qavi
Fluorite | Level 6

Hi Guys,

I was looking to scan the SAS objects through BILineage Plug-in of SAS Management Console 9.3, I logged in through sasadm@saspw user but I couldn’t find the BILineage Plug-in under ‘Environment Management’ tree. After doing analysis I found that 2 more plug-ins (Configuration Manager and Deployment Tester) are missing from ‘Application Management’ tree.

We are using SAS Software since 2012 and I had done same activity last year but now BI Lineage plug-in is missing form that tree. We had Maintenance activity in last month, due to this, we had shutdown all the servers (SAS & database) but I am not sure whether BI lineage plug-in was there at that time, I just checked yesterday and got to know that plug-in is missing. No Configuration changes have been done on any server since last 2 years so what will be the exact reason? &how I can resolve this issue without restoring it from the backup?

BI Lineage Plugin Missing.png
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SASKiwi
PROC Star

The plug-ins are installed when you do a client install of SMC using the SAS Deployment Wizard. Where is SMC installed? On your SAS server or on your PC? Re-installing SMC is your best option.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
SASKiwi
PROC Star

The plug-ins are installed when you do a client install of SMC using the SAS Deployment Wizard. Where is SMC installed? On your SAS server or on your PC? Re-installing SMC is your best option.

Qavi
Fluorite | Level 6

I checked SMC by running /sasmeta/SASHome/SASManagementConsole/9.3/sasmc on Server through GUI, BI lineage Plug-in was there, so it might be some file got corrupted on client machine. As you suggested, I re-installed the SMC on client machine and it gets resolved.

Thank You for your reply!!!

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

CLI in SAS Viya

Learn how to install the SAS Viya CLI and a few commands you may find useful in this video by SAS’ Darrell Barton.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 like
  • 2 in conversation