BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
JohnsonIp
Calcite | Level 5

Hi ,

I am conducting a plan to install SAS 9.2 and setup SAS library for EG in metadata server.

I plan to setup a SAS library in SAS metadata sever for users to access through EG in their PC.  The metadata server and workspace server and SAS library folder is on AIX. 

The authentication of users login is done by Window AD.  To control the access right on AIX server, can I make the following:

1 ) create an AIX  local account which has access right to SAS library folder on AIX

2 ) assign this local account to "SAS user group" in management console

3 ) create SAS users account in management console with window AD authentication and add these accounts to the 'SAS user group'.

In this case, do anyone know whether user need to know the AIX local account and password? 

Thanks a lot,

Johnson

2 REPLIES 2
LinusH
Tourmaline | Level 20

No

Data never sleeps
gtcox76
SAS Employee

If you want to use AD Authentication on AIX you'll need to set up AIX to use PAM for Authentication, there are multiple choices on how to configure this, one option is ADAM (http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc755705(WS.10).aspx) if you cannot add the additional information to the AD that UNIX requires.  Other options are third party products like Centrify. 

An overview of various authentication methods are covered in the SAS Intelligence Platform Security Administration Guide under the authentication section.  http://support.sas.com/documentation/cdl/en/bisecag/61133/PDF/default/bisecag.pdf

SAS Technical Support can offer more information once a path has been chosen on how AIX will authenticate users.

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

CLI in SAS Viya

Learn how to install the SAS Viya CLI and a few commands you may find useful in this video by SAS’ Darrell Barton.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation