BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
echeadley
Calcite | Level 5

Hello,

I'm still pretty new to this so please bear with me.  I am helping set-up a SAS 9.3 server on a Windows box, and everything appears to be running fine. However, users cannot write data to their local machine using a libname, for instance:

libname MYCOMP '\\USER\Shared';

returns an error saying-- "user '' does not have appropriate permissions".  I am using IWA and the server itself has access to the shared folder. I can access other data that has libraries defined on the metadata server. I would prefer to not have to define the each user computer in metadata, since maintaining that would be a hassle, and I'm pretty sure I've worked in environments where it has worked.

It is my first time setting up a SAS server and I was wondering if anyone had run into this problem. All help is Appreciated.

Thanks,

Ehren

3 REPLIES 3
ballardw
Super User

Can they write data to their local machine if they use

libname mydata "C:\datafolderpath";

where datafolder path is to a folder that already exists on their computer.

echeadley
Calcite | Level 5

That libname statement runs with no errors, but it points the library to the specified folder on the server where SAS is running as opposed to the client machine.

PaulHomes
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

If they are able to refer to a shared workstation folder from the server using a UNC path, and IWA is being used uniformly (both for the initial SAS Metadata Server connection and the SAS Workspace Server launch by the SAS Object Spawner - all verifiable in the appropriate SAS logs), then it may be that the server(s) running the SAS Workspace Server session(s) may not be Trusted for Delegation in Active Directory. I wrote down some notes about this type of configuration in a blog post SAS and IWA: Two Hops that may help (as well as a few others in a series on IWA).

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

CLI in SAS Viya

Learn how to install the SAS Viya CLI and a few commands you may find useful in this video by SAS’ Darrell Barton.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation