BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
osmelbrito
Obsidian | Level 7

We are trying to connect our SAS 9.4 (9.4 TS1M4) Intelligence Platform installed and deployed in Windows with a Hadoop cluster installed in Linux. When we are trying to connect using a libname statement, we got this error

1 LIBNAME hive HADOOP PORT=9083 SERVER="data-hadoopsrv" SCHEMA=metastore_db AUTHDOMAIN="HadoopAuth" ;
WARNING: No login information was available for authdomain HadoopAuth.
ERROR: SAS_HADOOP_JAR_PATH environment variable not set. It must be set for SAS/ACCESS to connect to Hadoop. See the SAS
Configuration Guide for SAS_HADOOP_JAR_PATH requirements.
ERROR: Error in the LIBNAME statement.

As I understant, we are needing some jar files and environment variables. Do these files have to be located in my windows server or in the linux hadoop server? 

Is it possible to access hadoop in linux from sas in windows?

Any thoughts??

Thanks a lot

5 REPLIES 5
alexal
SAS Employee

@osmelbrito,

Check this document SAS® 9.4 Hadoop Configuration Guide for Base SAS® and SAS/ACCESS®, Fourth Edition especially Appendix 1 Using the SAS Deployment Manager to Obtain Hadoop JAR and Configuration Files

osmelbrito
Obsidian | Level 7

Of course we already checked that document, but it is not clear that if it's possible to connect SAS in Windows to Hadoop in linux. And also it doesn't show where jar files has to be located

alexal
SAS Employee

@osmelbrito,

Sure, you can access Hadoop from SAS on Windows. JAR files has to be located in SAS_HADOOP_JAR_PATH.

osmelbrito
Obsidian | Level 7

Ok, but SAS_HADOOP_JAR_PATH has to be configured in my windows server?  This is not clear in the manual

alexal
SAS Employee

@osmelbrito,

On the server where you starting SAS session that connects to Hadoop. In your case Windows.

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

CLI in SAS Viya

Learn how to install the SAS Viya CLI and a few commands you may find useful in this video by SAS’ Darrell Barton.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation