BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
siddhu1
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi,

while executing the SAS code from the SAS enterprise Guide,  I am unable to execute using the SAS workspace server. Checked the Object Spawner log, there is no issue in the log .
The same code has been tried using the SAS Stored process server and it has been executed.

So , please  help me to understand how this has been happened.

Kind Regards,
Sid

5 REPLIES 5
gwootton
SAS Super FREQ
Are you using Enterprise Guide to submit both to the Stored Process Server and Workspace Server? Is Enterprise Guide returning any error?
--
Greg Wootton | Principal Systems Technical Support Engineer
siddhu1
Obsidian | Level 7

I am using the SAS Enterprise Guide for both the servers, but there was no error.

I didn't understand why it has ran on Stored process server but not on workspace server.

Thanks,

Siddhartha

gwootton
SAS Super FREQ
What happens when you try to execute code on the workspace server?
--
Greg Wootton | Principal Systems Technical Support Engineer
Jackie_sas
SAS Employee
Check the properties of the stored process to see if the server type is set to execute only on the stored process server. You can do this in SAS Management Console. Open the properties and click on the Execution tab. The Server type option specifies what type of server will run that stored process. When it is set to Default server, Enterprise Guide will run the stored process on a workspace server.
Sajid01
Meteorite | Level 14

Hello @siddhu1 

When a code is executed by the workspace server, it uses the users credentials. Therefore this account must exist on the OS level . Make sure the Id you are using to log in to SAS EG and execute  stored process on Workspace server exists in the OS and has necessary privileges in SAS. As a corollary one should not use SAS internal accounts to execute code on the workspace server.
The stored process on stored processes server typically executes with sassrv account and it is sufficient if the user exists in the SAS Metadata and has Read metadata access to the stored process folder.
Therefore as a first step check for the existence and provisioning of necessary privileges of the account.
The SAS Administrator should be the first person to reach out to in this type of cases.

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

Get Started with SAS Information Catalog in SAS Viya

SAS technical trainer Erin Winters shows you how to explore assets, create new data discovery agents, schedule data discovery agents, and much more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 in conversation