BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
Go
Quartz | Level 8 Go
Quartz | Level 8

this is not a sas question at all, this is unix question, I could not find an answer to this, hope i find it here...

ps -ef in AIX gives "UID" in the first column, but the UID it displays only 8 characeters, I need entire uid , some of the uid's length is more than 8, how can i print whole uid ? please advise

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
alexal
SAS Employee

@Go,

You have to use the flag -X. -X prints all available characters of each user/group name instead of truncating to the first eight characters.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
alexal
SAS Employee

@Go,

You have to use the flag -X. -X prints all available characters of each user/group name instead of truncating to the first eight characters.

Go
Quartz | Level 8 Go
Quartz | Level 8
Alexal,
It worked, thank you very much... I tried ls -lXp before instead of ls -ll , but did not realize I could ues -X with ps -ef , thank you...

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

Get Started with SAS Information Catalog in SAS Viya

SAS technical trainer Erin Winters shows you how to explore assets, create new data discovery agents, schedule data discovery agents, and much more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 like
  • 2 in conversation