BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
Go
Quartz | Level 8 Go
Quartz | Level 8

this is not a sas question at all, this is unix question, I could not find an answer to this, hope i find it here...

ps -ef in AIX gives "UID" in the first column, but the UID it displays only 8 characeters, I need entire uid , some of the uid's length is more than 8, how can i print whole uid ? please advise

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
alexal
SAS Employee

@Go,

You have to use the flag -X. -X prints all available characters of each user/group name instead of truncating to the first eight characters.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
alexal
SAS Employee

@Go,

You have to use the flag -X. -X prints all available characters of each user/group name instead of truncating to the first eight characters.

Go
Quartz | Level 8 Go
Quartz | Level 8
Alexal,
It worked, thank you very much... I tried ls -lXp before instead of ls -ll , but did not realize I could ues -X with ps -ef , thank you...

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

CLI in SAS Viya

Learn how to install the SAS Viya CLI and a few commands you may find useful in this video by SAS’ Darrell Barton.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 like
  • 2 in conversation