first time deploying: can we deploy sas viya 3.2 without CAS server

Accepted Solution Solved
Frequent Contributor
Accepted Solution

first time deploying: can we deploy sas viya 3.2 without CAS server

Hi, I am first time deploying sas Viya 3.2. I wanted to deploy only 3 products namely SAS Visual Analytics, SAS Visual Statistics, SAS Visual Data Mining and Machine Learning on single machine using Ansible. Can we install SAS Viya without CAS server.

Accepted Solutions
Solution
‎11-02-2017 07:27 AM
SAS Employee

Re: first time deploying: can we deploy sas viya 3.2 without CAS server

@AmitSri,

The answer is no. The CAS server is the analytics server that the SAS procedures use for analytics processing. The CAS server is the foundation of SAS Viya.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Solution
‎11-02-2017 07:27 AM
SAS Employee

@AmitSri,

The answer is no. The CAS server is the analytics server that the SAS procedures use for analytics processing. The CAS server is the foundation of SAS Viya.

Frequent Contributor

Thank you Alex!! for your help on this. In this case, should we include CAS server as well in the order form or it comes along with the products that we ordered (SAS Visual Analytics, statistics AND data mining and machine learning)
SAS Employee

@AmitSri,

The CAS server comes along with those products.

Frequent Contributor

Okay, Thanks Alex!! I have another query regarding the disk space. I had gone through the deployment guide and found 2*600GB disk space is the minimum level of requirement for singlemachine-full deployment. Could you please help us to understand why that much of space is needed.
SAS Employee

@AmitSri,

SAS strongly recommends consulting with a sizing expert to obtain an official hardware recommendation that is based on your estimated SAS workload and number of users. The sizing information provided in the deployment guide is not intended as a substitution for expert advice. To request sizing expertise, contact your SAS account representative. If you need assistance in determining your SAS account representative, send an email to contactcenter@sas.com.

☑ This topic is solved.

Need further help from the community? Please ask a new question.

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 1 like
  • 2 in conversation