BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
AmitSri
Pyrite | Level 9

Hi, I am first time deploying sas Viya 3.2. I wanted to deploy only 3 products namely SAS Visual Analytics, SAS Visual Statistics, SAS Visual Data Mining and Machine Learning on single machine using Ansible. Can we install SAS Viya without CAS server.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
alexal
SAS Employee

@AmitSri,

The answer is no. The CAS server is the analytics server that the SAS procedures use for analytics processing. The CAS server is the foundation of SAS Viya.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
alexal
SAS Employee

@AmitSri,

The answer is no. The CAS server is the analytics server that the SAS procedures use for analytics processing. The CAS server is the foundation of SAS Viya.

AmitSri
Pyrite | Level 9
Thank you Alex!! for your help on this. In this case, should we include CAS server as well in the order form or it comes along with the products that we ordered (SAS Visual Analytics, statistics AND data mining and machine learning)
alexal
SAS Employee

@AmitSri,

The CAS server comes along with those products.

AmitSri
Pyrite | Level 9
Okay, Thanks Alex!! I have another query regarding the disk space. I had gone through the deployment guide and found 2*600GB disk space is the minimum level of requirement for singlemachine-full deployment. Could you please help us to understand why that much of space is needed.
alexal
SAS Employee

@AmitSri,

SAS strongly recommends consulting with a sizing expert to obtain an official hardware recommendation that is based on your estimated SAS workload and number of users. The sizing information provided in the deployment guide is not intended as a substitution for expert advice. To request sizing expertise, contact your SAS account representative. If you need assistance in determining your SAS account representative, send an email to contactcenter@sas.com.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 1 like
  • 2 in conversation