BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
LineMoon
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

Hello experts,

I have tried the code below extrait from sas support "Accelerating SAS® DATA Step Performance with SAS® Viya"

But my test  does not work under sas studio and EG7.1.

Please, why ?

cas mysession sessopts=(caslib=casuser);
libname mycas cas caslib=casuser;

proc casutil;
  load data=sashelp.cars replace;
  run;

data mycar.test;
 set sashelp.cars;

do i= 1 to 10000;
  output;
 end;
run;

data mycar.bigcars_score;
  set mycar.test;
  length myscore 8;
  myscore=0.3*Invoice;
  thread=_threadid_;
 run;

8 REPLIES 8
LinusH
Tourmaline | Level 20
@LineMoon: as someone earlier said, you should by know a question need to look like...
What does not work? The log pls...
Are you even running this on a Viya session?
Data never sleeps
ChrisHemedinger
Community Manager

Hi @LineMoon,

The code you're using can work only if you are connected to a SAS Viya environment.  Are you?  If you're unsure -- then you are probably not using SAS Viya.  It's a brand new platform for analytics from SAS, and I think if you had access to it, you would definitely have been provided some helpful "onboarding" information for getting started.

If you are running with SAS Viya, then we have a special discussion forum for that.

It's time to register for SAS Innovate! Join your SAS user peers in Las Vegas on April 16-19 2024.
LineMoon
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

@ChrisHemedinger : thank you

How can I know if I connect to it ?

By proc product_stats ?

ChrisHemedinger
Community Manager

I'm going to go out on a limb and suggest that you probably don't have access to SAS Viya at your organization right now.   But if you are interested in checking it out, visit the SAS Viya page and follow the links to learn more.

It's time to register for SAS Innovate! Join your SAS user peers in Las Vegas on April 16-19 2024.
LineMoon
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

@ChrisHemedinger : Thank you.

sas proc product_staus normally can show the viya module ?

ChrisHemedinger
Community Manager

SAS Viya isn't a traditional SAS module -- it's another platform that you would have access to for in-memory analytics.  

You could connect to the environment from SAS 9.4 or from other programming languages.  Or you could work from a dedicated SAS Studio environment that connects to SAS Viya.  You would need SAS Viya installed on-premise, in the cloud, or access to our early preview program.

LineMoon
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

@ChrisHemedinger : Thank you very much.

To try SAS Viya for Free, I think , we must have to agree for the cookies on the sas website ? if not, we can not try it ?

So I would like to try it on sas studio and sas EG

ChrisHemedinger
Community Manager

@LineMoon - The Early Preview program is not currently a "self-serve" signup/registration.  You can use the interest link to register your interest (on your own or on behalf of your company) and someone at SAS will review your details and get back with you.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 5 likes
  • 3 in conversation