BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
PaulHomes
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

I was just about to post a question on SAS Viya 3.2 (VA 8.1) deployment/admin and found myself wondering where to post it. So I thought I would post a meta-question about this and see what the community consensus is - post in one of the existing community forums or create a new one?

Currently under the SAS Viya community there are 3 forums: About SAS Viya, Coding on SAS Viya, and SAS Visual Investigator. None of these seems like a good place to post a Viya admin question, but being under a Viya community this might be the first place someone might look for Viya admin content. Alternatively there's the Administration community with 3 boards: Administration and Deployment, SAS Hot Fix Announcements, and SAS ITRM. There's nothing here to suggest Viya but my first choice would be the Administration and Deployment board where I personally would start looking for admin content.

So what do others think about where they would want to post and look for SAS Viya admin questions?

1. Use the existing Administration and Deployment board in the Administration community (away from the SAS Viya community) and mingle SAS 9 and SAS Viya admin content?
  2. Create a new Viya Admin board under the SAS Viya community and separate out SAS 9 and SAS Viya admin content?
  3. Something else?
4 REPLIES 4
AnnaBrown
Community Manager

Hi 

Join us for SAS Community Trivia
SAS Bowl XXIX, The SAS Hackathon
Wednesday, March 8, 2023, at 10 AM ET | #SASBowl

JuanS_OCS
Amethyst | Level 16

Hi @AnnaBrown and @PaulHomes,

you got a good topic here 🙂 Not that I have a word here, but how about a little poll? In my case, I would prefer to have a subforum for SAS 9 and another for SAS Viya (both under the main Administration forum), as good checkbox thinker. Just joking a bit. But as temporary solution I think it would work better and still everyone can benefit from the information.

Whilst the option to have both topics together, it would make life easier to me to answer questions, I think that is my personal problem (which I already have solved thanks to the subscriptions). And for people that are searching and navigating for solutions, I think the 2 separated subforums model would work better, at least until both architectures finally come together.

Does it make any sense? 

AnnaBrown
Community Manager

Yes it does, 

Join us for SAS Community Trivia
SAS Bowl XXIX, The SAS Hackathon
Wednesday, March 8, 2023, at 10 AM ET | #SASBowl

JuanS_OCS
Amethyst | Level 16

Thank you Anna! 

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 10 likes
  • 3 in conversation