06-30-2016 01:17 PM
SAS Global Forum 2016 just ended, but we are already looking ahead to 2017. We are in the planning stages for papers and presentations and would like your input. What topics would you like to see covered next year? Please be as specific as possible. This conference is for YOU, so we want to ensure the presentations hit the mark.
07-05-2016 03:47 PM
Hi and thanks for the question,
I understand we all want to know as much as possible from Viya, each solution, each development.
I feel confident that we will have more clear ideas about what we want to know when the early preview/early adopted versions will be released to the lucky ones.
In the meantime and based on what we could learn from SGF16, I can think on the following topics:
- Single server and multiple server deployments.
- Powerdemo of deployments with Ansible.
- Examples of Viya deployments on a cloud on-premises and on a public cloud such as Amazon.
- Performance tuning/service clustering/stabilizations on Viya.
- What is new on each solution on Viya (I am specially interested on Visual Analytics)
- Integration of Viya with the current SAS 9 deployments.
- Best practices/suggestions of security for the data transfer from/to the Viya cloud.
- Network requirements for the new microservices.
07-05-2016 06:36 PM
In addition to Juan's list, I'd also be keen to see coverage of the following topics:
07-06-2016 04:16 AM
Great additions Paul.
Now thinking about it, I would like to add one more I would like to see: