BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
ShelleySessoms
Community Manager

SAS Global Forum 2016 just ended, but we are already looking ahead to 2017. We are in the planning stages for papers and presentations and would like your input. What topics would you like to see covered next year? Please be as specific as possible. This conference is for YOU, so we want to ensure the presentations hit the mark. 

It's time to register for SAS Innovate! Join your SAS user peers in Las Vegas on April 16-19 2024.
3 REPLIES 3
JuanS_OCS
Amethyst | Level 16

Hi and thanks for the question,

I understand we all want to know as much as possible from Viya, each solution, each development.

I feel confident that we will have more clear ideas about what we want to know when the early preview/early adopted versions will be released to the lucky ones.

In the meantime and based on what we could learn from SGF16, I can think on the following topics:

- Single server and multiple server deployments.

- Powerdemo of deployments with Ansible.

- Examples of Viya deployments on a cloud on-premises and on a public cloud such as Amazon.

- Performance tuning/service clustering/stabilizations on Viya.

- What is new on each solution on Viya (I am specially interested on Visual Analytics)

- Integration of Viya with the current SAS 9 deployments.

- Best practices/suggestions of security for the data transfer from/to the Viya cloud.

- Network requirements for the new microservices.

PaulHomes
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

In addition to Juan's list, I'd also be keen to see coverage of the following topics:

• Detailed list of the various SAS Viya microservices that make up the architecture, together with information about their purposes, which product bundles they are included in, and how they interoperate.
  • The various SAS Viya APIs provided by the microservices and in particular, if available, any discovery/reflection APIs
  • SAS Viya Authentication options including single sign-on
  • SAS Viya Authorization including fine grained row-level type security
  • SAS Viya Logging configuration and customization
JuanS_OCS
Amethyst | Level 16

Great additions Paul.

Now thinking about it, I would like to add one more I would like to see:

• the access to the new metadata model/database and the available interfaces on SAS Viya.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 16 likes
  • 3 in conversation