BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
BeNur
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi,

I am unable to start a new cas session in SASStudio

Steps to reproduce the issue:
1.In the navigation pane, open the Snippets section.
2.Select Snippetsthen selectCloud Analytic Services.
3.Right-click New CAS Session and select Open. The snippet opens in the code editor.
4.In the toolbar, click the submit icon to run the New CAS Session code.

ERROR: Connection failed. Server returned: Failed to launch session controller.: Failed to launch session controller.
ERROR: Unable to connect to Cloud Analytic Services <cas-control server hostname> on port 5570. Verify connection parameters and retry.

Log /opt/sas/viya/config/var/log/cas/default/ on cas-control server
shows the following error: see in screnshot

In this log I also can see that default system users such as sas.ops-agentsrv or sas.SASReportViewer can launch sessions

User that I am using exist in LDAP and I can log into cas-controller server as this user

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
alexal
SAS Employee

@BeNur,

I assume this is SAS Viya 3.3? If my assumption is correct, then this is known problem that has been fixed in SAS Viya 3.4. One possible workaround for you can be using "c1712" in a lower case when you log in to SAS Studio.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
alexal
SAS Employee

@BeNur,

I assume this is SAS Viya 3.3? If my assumption is correct, then this is known problem that has been fixed in SAS Viya 3.4. One possible workaround for you can be using "c1712" in a lower case when you log in to SAS Studio.

BeNur
Obsidian | Level 7
Hi @alexal,
thank you!
alexal
SAS Employee

@BeNur,

You are welcome!

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 like
  • 2 in conversation