BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
xiaoys0725
Fluorite | Level 6

Hello,

I am a new user who is trying to getting familiar with sas viya and CAS Rest API. I found I came across an issue while I tried to submit save andd drop actions by REST api. 

Below is my load table and fetch actions,

var Indata={table: {name:'cart',caslib:'MYCASLIB3'}};
var loadT={caslib:'MYCASLIB3',path:'cart.sashdat',casout:{name:'cart',caslib:'MYCASLIB3'}};

$http({
            method:'POST',
            url:baseURL+'/actions/loadTable',
            headers:_headers,
            params:loadT
          }).then(function(){alert("load")});
    $http({
            method: "POST",
            url: baseURL+'/actions/fetch',
            responseType:"json",
            params:Indata
          }).then(alert("fetch"));

The fetch response I got from the server is like this:

fetchresults.jpg

And then I used runCode Action and the parameters I send is:

console.log(thecode);
                            var Code={code:thecode,single:'yes'};

(log of thecode

data cart(caslib='MYCASLIB3');length id 8 name $100 units 8 price 8 ;id=1000;name="iphone5s";units=1;price=4300;output;run;) 

var savep={caslib:'MYCASLIB3',name:'cart.sashdat',table:{name:'cart',caslib:'MYCASLIB3'},replace:true};

$http({
                                                   url:baseURL+'/actions/runCode',
                                                   params:Code
                                                   }).then(function callBack(response)
                                                             {console.log(response);
                                                               $http({
                                                                       url:baseURL+'/actions/save',
                                                                       params:savep
                                                                     }).then(function callback(response)  
                                                                              {console.log(response);},
                                                                             function errorcallback()
                                                                             {console.log("wrongsave");}
                                                                            );
                                                              }
                                                           );

};
        },function error(){}
        );
        };

The response I got from the server is below:

The result  of runcode action:

runcode.jpg

The result ​of save Action:

saveresult.jpg

After I save it, I dropped the cas table. 

And then I reload the page, I think I was supposed to see a new table with one row but I still got the previous table. 

The reason I think I had something wrong with my save action and drop action is, when I click the buttton to submit save and drop action, I used fetch action in sas studio to have a look at the cart table, and I got:

proc cas;
table.fetch /
table= {name='cart};
run;
quit;

Selected Rows from Table CART _Index_ id name units price
11000iphone5s14300

So it means that the cas table is changed, which means my runcode action works. However, notice that I can fetch the table successfully without reloading the table, which means my droptable action does not work. 

But when I reloaded the web page and looked at my loadtable action, I found it said table was sucessfully loaded instead of table already exists, while it get the previous data. So it means it did drop table in somewhere, or may save the table too in somewhere, but I don't know where those things happen. 

Anybody has a clue about that?  Thank you in advance!

2 REPLIES 2
alexal
SAS Employee

@xiaoys0725,

It's really hard to say what happened without checking the log file. So, if you do not mind, add the following to your CAS server's log configuration file (/opt/sas/viya/config/etc/cas/default/logconfig.xml) to trace REST API invocations and results to the CAS server log:

<logger name="App.tk.http.server">
<level value="trace"/>
</logger>

Restart CAS server, repeat a problem and send to me the most recent CAS server log from:

/var/log/sas/viya/cas/default

xiaoys0725
Fluorite | Level 6

Hello, I firgured out the reason. The reason is when I sent the request(load table) by Ajax in angularjs, although I set parameter as "table:{name:'cart',caslib:'MYCASLIB3'}", the name of the table becomes "{name:'cart'}"( something like this, I forget the detail, it might be "{name:'cart'} " possibly.) So when I used runCode action to write new records, it actually wrote records into table 'cart' instead of  "{name:'cart'}". Then you can see yes I did save the table, but it was I load and saved exactly the same table, instead of the new table. 

I solved the problem partialy by setting parameter as "table:'cart'", but I don't like this way quite much since I still wanna assign this table to a global caslib instead of a session caslib generated automatically. Do you have any ideas how to fix it? 

Thanks!

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation