BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
ROY30426
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi Experts,

Recently I'm helping my customer to migrate report from VA7.1 to Viya. Although the report and data was migrated successfully, but some tabs in the report would stuck for at least 5 minutes when click to open . We all know that VA on Viya using html5 ,and hoping it will get better performance than va7.x. Does anyone have the experience for tuning va on viya performance?

Many Thanks!

Roy 

9 REPLIES 9
SASKiwi
PROC Star

What browser are you using? There are reports that Internet Explorer is slow with HTML5 due to memory limitations. If you are using IE, try Chrome or Firefox. Is it still slow?

ROY30426
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi SASKiwi,

Thanks for your reply. Yes, We have tried Chrome and Firefox, It still perform slowly. We foind that there are many tabs in our customer reports, not sure if its the root cause of the issue.It's really wired that the same report in va7.1 perform smoothly. Is there any configuration we can do for the better performance?

Thnaks!

Roy  

alexal
SAS Employee

@ROY30426,

Have you noticed any differences in performance between IE and Chrome/Firefox?

Mickey_SAS
SAS Employee
I'd also like to mention, that memory can be an issue even in Chrome or Firefox, if you have the 32bit version of those browsers. We discuss this a bit in this SAS note

http://support.sas.com/kb/57/733.html

If you confirm you are seeing the issue in 64 bit Chrome and Firefox, then it might be a good idea to open a track with Technical Support on this. It might be necessary to do some more in depth debugging of the report and the query performance
ROY30426
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi All,

Thanks for all the reply.In this month,we have tried lots of way to resolve the issue and unfortunately the issue is still the same. The report perform very slow on IE/Firefox/Chrome, IE would get the memory leak message and others would crash then sas service would be unavailable. I know the size of dataset and the report design would affect the performance. In this case,there are 20 tabs and 5 dataset is used  in the report. The biggest dataset on CAS is 7GB. After many testing,We found that the size of dataset is the key point.Other report with smaller data size(less than 1GB) would perform smoothly(but still slower than VA). Now we are trying to increase the number of cas cache disk,hoping that increase the I/O would help.We will get back to the community once we get the new update. Any suggestion and ideas would give us the big help!  

Many Thanks,

Roy

daithi1990
Obsidian | Level 7

Have you checked httpd to see if there are any requests which are flooding any microservices? 

Also check the consul log, SAS Visual Analytics Logs, and other SAS logs, to see if anything shows up there?

ROY30426
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi @daithi1990,

Could you tell me the log location you mentioned?

Thanks!

Roy

daithi1990
Obsidian | Level 7

they are generally located on the server i.e. var/logs/sas/viya/.... microservice

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

Discussion stats
  • 9 replies
  • 1 like
  • 5 in conversation