BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Karthik0361
Calcite | Level 5

I have re-installed SAS VIYA recently with a new Order received from SAS. But after installation I am getting certificate issues while opening the URL and I am unable to login with 'sasboot' or any other account. Attached are the screenshots of the errors which I am getting. In order I received few certificates also, but since I installed with Ansible I thought the certification renewal would be automatic which is not happening. Any suggestions?

2 REPLIES 2
alexal
SAS Employee

@Karthik0361,

By default, HTTPS access will be enabled with a self-signed certificate. SAS recommends that you replace the default certificates with your own custom certificates that comply with the security policies at your enterprise. These can be replaced pre-deployment or post-deployment of SAS Viya. SAS recommends replacing the Apache httpd certificates before deploying SAS Viya. Whether you replace the certificates pre-deployment or post-deployment, SAS recommends replacing the certificates before giving end users access to SAS Viya.

Encryption in SAS® Viya® 3.3: Data in Motion -> Configure TLS and HTTPS -> Secure Apache HTTP Server

daithi1990
Obsidian | Level 7

I would add that it is extremely important to keep in mind, that the hostname on the certificate must match that which is provided using the hostname -f command. 

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 3 in conversation