BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
AmitSri
Pyrite | Level 9

Hi,

My sas viya 3.2 services became unavailable suddenly this morning. When I try to check the status of the services:

./sas-viya-all-services status
./sas-viya-all-services: line 37: cannot create temp file for here-document: No space left on device
mkdir: cannot create directory ‘/opt///config’: No space left on device
chown: cannot access ‘/opt///config/var/log/all-services/’: No such file or directory
./sas-viya-all-services: line 75: /opt///config/var/log/all-services/default/all-services_2018-03-13_06-15-35.log: No such file or directory
/bin/ls: cannot access /etc/init.d/--*: No such file or directory
/usr/bin/tee: /opt///config/var/log/all-services/default/all-services_2018-03-13_06-15-35.log: No such file or directory
  Service                                            Status     Host               Port     PID
./sas-viya-all-services: line 944: /opt///config/var/log/all-services/default/all-services_2018-03-13_06-15-35.log: No such file or directory

/usr/bin/tee: /opt///config/var/log/all-services/default/all-services_2018-03-13_06-15-35.log: No such file or directory
sas-services completed in 00:00:00

Could anyone help here as whats is causing this issue.

Thanks,

Sri

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
AmitSri
Pyrite | Level 9
Thanks Paul! I will connect with the admin on this.

Thanks Very much!!

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
PaulHomes
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

It looks like a disk full error. What do you see run you run df -h?

AmitSri
Pyrite | Level 9
Please find the storage details below

df -h
Filesystem Size Used Avail Use% Mounted on
/dev/vda1 40G 40G 20K 100% /
devtmpfs 62G 0 62G 0% /dev
tmpfs 62G 4.0K 62G 1% /dev/shm
tmpfs 62G 18M 62G 1% /run
tmpfs 62G 0 62G 0% /sys/fs/cgroup
/dev/vdd1 1.0T 391G 634G 39% /db_data
/dev/vdb2 50G 33M 50G 1% /opt/SAS
/dev/vdb1 250G 6.8G 244G 3% /sastmp
tmpfs 11G 0 11G 0% /run/user/7010
tmpfs 11G 0 11G 0% /run/user/2276
tmpfs 11G 0 11G 0% /run/user/0

Thank you!!
PaulHomes
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

It looks like your 40G root file system (/) is full. Have a look and see what is consuming the space. I see that the 50G /opt/SAS is practically empty. I'm guessing that's where SAS Viya was supposed to be installed? Was it installed in the root file system instead?

AmitSri
Pyrite | Level 9
We have created the folder /data/sas-viya-playbook. Here only I had run my installation.
PaulHomes
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

Sounds like you installed it in the root file system (you have no /data mount point listed) and maybe filled it up (my basic SAS Viya 3.3 install is 26G). Looking at your df output it looks like / is just for the operating system and you have /opt/SAS, /db_data and /sastmp as large storage volumes for SAS software, data, and temporary files perhaps? I would get your storage admins to create a suitably sized /data mount and move the SAS install onto that or re-install (if required) to fit with your original storage plan.

AmitSri
Pyrite | Level 9
Thanks Paul! I will connect with the admin on this.

Thanks Very much!!

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation