BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
jamesfrye
Calcite | Level 5

Greetings to the Viya team!

Just returned from Las Vegas and SAS Global Forum 2016, where I got to see the announcement and demos of SAS Viya. There was a lot presented around functionality, but I have a more tactical question: What is the licensing model for Viya?

One advantage to cloud-based technology is the ability to scale both up and down quickly and then to pay for what is used rather than on a set cost around maximum possible size. Will Viya offer similar vertically dynamic licensing and pricing models?

Another advantage that results from cloud-based "pay what you use" from many other software products is the opportunity to have access to features that have infrequent use cases but don't require a full up-front license. Will Viya offer similar horizontally dynamic licensing and pricing models?

Thanks for the hard work on the product! Looking forward to hearing some of the logistics about licensing so we can figure out how best it fits into our technical ecosystem.

For example in the latter case, if I have a business use case for a few procedures' worth of content available in SAS/ETS or SAS/OR or another package just a few times a year, today I'd have to pay for the full package for the full year. Is there going to be a licensing and pricing model that allows access to the entire SAS suite and then charge for what is used?  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
FionaMcNeill
SAS Employee

You are absolutely right - yes. We'll be offering pay-as-you-go/consumption-based pricing for the Analytics as a Service offerings running on SAS Viya. The details of this pricing will be released when the products are for available for customers to purchase.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
ChrisHemedinger
Community Manager

Thanks for the question @jamesfrye -- I've reached out to our product management team on this, and I know the answer is coming soon.  They are all just getting back from the big conference too...

It's time to register for SAS Innovate! Join your SAS user peers in Las Vegas on April 16-19 2024.
FionaMcNeill
SAS Employee

You are absolutely right - yes. We'll be offering pay-as-you-go/consumption-based pricing for the Analytics as a Service offerings running on SAS Viya. The details of this pricing will be released when the products are for available for customers to purchase.

jamesfrye
Calcite | Level 5

Thanks for the info! Good to hear there will be a usage-based pricing model. That's an important feature for this to be viable (Viya-ble?) in my opinion.

LinusH
Tourmaline | Level 20
I just can't wait until it's aviyailble...
Data never sleeps

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 13 likes
  • 4 in conversation