BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Paco
Calcite | Level 5

Hello folks,

First time coding and using SAS VIYA 3.3. I have a multinode (1 CAS controller and 7 workers) environment with a NFS called "Shared" shared between the. I have the following questions:

When I load a table to cas (250GB) to be in-memory I see how the root FileSystems of my workers start to grow. How that in-memory load works? I mean, am I supposed to see how te Memory grows too? Because that stays always in a very low number and I see in Environment Manager that the "Memory" in my workers is getting very high.

Also, How can I change the path where that table gets loaded in the Workers to point to the NFS Shared instead of root FS?

Appreciate your help,

Francisco

2 REPLIES 2
daithi1990
Obsidian | Level 7
It would be best to view impact on memory on the Linux boxes itself. Using a command like top.

In relation to the NFS, as long as the drive is mounted or if the drive is shared on the network you should be able to see it within the filesystem. This is a replication of what lies on the Linux box.
Paco
Calcite | Level 5

Thank you for your answer. The thing is that even with the top command the memory never goes up. Instead, it seems to me that the loading action is making the disks grow and my issue is that / goes out of space. So that loading action, I want to point it to NFS path.

Regards,

Francisco

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation