BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
AmitSri
Pyrite | Level 9

Hi,

I am getting this error while loading a table from Mysql to cas.

We have SAS?ACCESS interface to odbc.Through this, I am trying to pull the data from mysql using a DSN defined in odbc.ini.

here are the queries I used.

caslib sqldata datasource=(srctype="odbc" username="read_only_test_user"  
password="xxxxxxxxxxxx" odbc_dsn="MYSQL_DENODO_DIRECT" dm_unicode="utf-16") global;

proc casutil;
   list files incaslib="sqldata";

proc casutil;
   load casdata="test_portugal"   incaslib="SQLDATA"                     
        casout="test_portugal" outcaslib="DBDATA" ;
run;

And im getting the below error:

ERROR: Table test_portugal variable ? offset exceeds the varying data buffer.
 ERROR: The action stopped due to errors.

Is this related to the SAS/ACCESS interface. Do we need to have SAS?ACCESSinterface to MySql for this. I hope thats not required as we are anyways connecting to mysql using ODBC DSN.

Please clarify. Thanks!!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
alexal
SAS Employee

@AmitSri,

Hot Fix is currently under development. When it will be available, you will be able to install it by upgrading package: sas-tkcdfts.x86_64. If you want to add your company name to the defect, open the technical support track.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
alexal
SAS Employee

@AmitSri,

The error occurs when a row contains an empty or null value for the VARCHAR or VARBINARY option and a large object such as a BLOB or a CLOB. There is no workaround for this issue. A hot fix is planned for this issue.

http://support.sas.com/kb/61/928.html

AmitSri
Pyrite | Level 9
Hi Alex, Thanks for that!!

Yes, As soon as I searched for this error in google, I found this link. I had gone through this link before posting the query. However, I could not understand it, as its stating about a hotfix. How, can I get this hotfix to be done here? I wanted to know about performing the hotfix for this. Thanks!!
alexal
SAS Employee

@AmitSri,

Hot Fix is currently under development. When it will be available, you will be able to install it by upgrading package: sas-tkcdfts.x86_64. If you want to add your company name to the defect, open the technical support track.

AmitSri
Pyrite | Level 9
Okay...Got it. Thank you Alex!!

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation