BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
Zhteh
Calcite | Level 5

Hi,

I'm trying to set up a CAS connection to the Python client as mentioned in this tutorial https://communities.sas.com/t5/SAS-Viya-Coders-Library/Your-First-CAS-Connection-from-Python/ta-p/26...

however, after meeting all the installation requirements on my linux machine. I encountered error when trying to create CAS session as shown in the figure below.

Errror code in creating new sessionErrror code in creating new session

* P.S: I can create new session in SAS studio using command below, but when I tried on python it's unsuccessful.

cas my_session; 

and it's connected to my Cas server and provided me wyth UUID etc.

Having said that, anyone know the solution or workarounds for this problem?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
alexal
SAS Employee

@Zhteh,

Are you trying to connect to SAS Viya 3.2 or 3.3? Do you have a firewall that can block the outside connection requests?

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
leonardchin2017
Calcite | Level 5

Hi, I faced same issue when connecting postgresql to sas visual analytics, maybe your server host is not operational or the hostname is invalid (even it mapped to a valid ip address).

alexal
SAS Employee

@Zhteh,

Are you trying to connect to SAS Viya 3.2 or 3.3? Do you have a firewall that can block the outside connection requests?

Zhteh
Calcite | Level 5

@alexal@leonardchin2017

It is solved! I open the port 5570 and changed the hostname to my localhost.

Thanks for helping

alexal
SAS Employee

@Zhteh,

You are welcome!

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation