BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
janehowell
SAS Employee

Excited to try out Event Stream Processing (ESP) in the cloud.  A free 30-day trial is available to all starting today at www.sas.com/esp

8 REPLIES 8
TamerM
Fluorite | Level 6
Hi, I've uploaded a csv file to the cloud but I don't know the path to the file to use it in a CSV connector in my ESP project source window.
TamerM
Fluorite | Level 6
Found out that anything I upload is placed under the path /home/<my email address>/uploads
Spar_Steve
SAS Employee

From Jupyter Lab, you can navigate to /my_data, then choose the upload icon, and your data can be uploaded to that location. The other directory (demo/EventStreamProcessing/data) is a protected directory(500 error results when uploading), so please use the my_data location to upload your personal test data.

From home, you'll see my_data and my_code, which is /home/your_email/my_data

Spar_Steve_2-1586872315461.png

Red highlights the my_data directory. Then use the upload icon to upload data. Then this path can be used in the ESP Project Input Data (Publisher) Connector configuration.

Spar_Steve_1-1586872196404.png

TamerM
Fluorite | Level 6

Thank you Steve.

I was uploading the data using the SAS Analytics Cloud (trial version) SASCloud.pngI needed the absolute path to the CSV file I uploaded to connect to it from the ESP Studio.

I found out that the path to that folder is in the format /home/<my email>/uploads

I am not able to upload files to my_data folder from Data Management interface. I have only ESP Studio no ESPPy Jupyter Lab in the deployed applications.

Spar_Steve
SAS Employee

If you select the User pulldown and select user, see highlight, do you have the my_data as well as uploads directory available? If my_data is available, select that one. 

It will upload data to the directory that you are currently in, so if you have my_data as well as uploads directory under the user pull down, choose my_data, then choose Upload button. 

Select User, select my_data, if availableSelect User, select my_data, if available

Spar_Steve
SAS Employee

Also, were you able to reference in ESP Studio the absolute path mentioned: /home/<my email>/uploads?  or was that path not valid in ESP studio?

TamerM
Fluorite | Level 6

It is a valid path and ESP CSV connector was able to read the file normally.

Thank you.

Spar_Steve
SAS Employee

@TamerM 

I'm not sure which environment you're using (ESP STudio or ESPPy Jupyter Lab) but information below should work regardless.  

1) Data should be uploaded to the following directory:

- /demo/EventStreamProcessing/data

- you can check that the data is there by going to the Jupyter Lab environment (See image)

demo/EventStreamProcessing/data directory from Jupyterdemo/EventStreamProcessing/data directory from Jupyter

2) Open the ESP Project(ESP Studio screenshot below), select Source window, on Right-hand side, see Properties panel for Input Data (Publisher) Connector , Expand and select input_data and click the Edit icon (pencil icon)

See (Publisher) Connector, click editSee (Publisher) Connector, click edit

3) From Esp Studio, within the Connector Configuration panel, enter the path where test data was uploaded (and verified using Jupyter Lab above), for example:

/demo/EventStreamProcessing/data/your_test_data.csv

- click Ok and you are ready to run Test. 

see path to test data for input (Publisher) Connectorsee path to test data for input (Publisher) Connector

Hope that this helps and keeps you moving with ESP. 

Whether you're already using SAS Event Stream Processing or thinking about it, this is where you can connect with your peers, ask questions and find resources.

Multiple Linear Regression in SAS

Learn how to run multiple linear regression models with and without interactions, presented by SAS user Alex Chaplin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 3 in conversation