BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
ksumbundu
Calcite | Level 5

Hello,

In a proc mixed how do I classify the type of variance structure I want to use (Unstr, variance comp, comp symm, etc)?

Here's my code. 

PROC MIXED DATA = work.pracL;
CLASS ID;
MODEL logmemI = demind age age*demind spline gender ses/solution cl outpm= work.plot1;
RANDOM Intercept age/SUBJECT=ID ;
Estimate "Hyp 1 age slope for healthy individuals B2" age 1/cl;
Estimate "Hyp 3A Slope in MCI prior to chgpt B2+B3" age 1 age*demind 1/cl;
Estimate "Hyp 3B Slope in MCI after chgpt B2+B3+B4" age 1 age*demind 1 spline 1/cl;
Estimate "Hyp 4 Comparing slopes between Healthy and MCI before chgpt B3" age*demind 1/cl;
Estimate "Hyp 5 Comparing the slopes before and after chgpt for MCI B4" spline 1/cl;
Estimate "Hyp 6 Comparing slopes between Healthy and MCI after chgpt B3+B4" age*demind 1 spline 1/cl;
run;
title1; title2; title3; title4; title5; title6;

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
DannyModlin
SAS Employee

Greetings.

To choose which variance structure to use include the TYPE= sub-option in the RANDOM line.

For example, RANDOM .... / TYPE=UN. This would be unstructured.

Hope this helps.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
DannyModlin
SAS Employee

Greetings.

To choose which variance structure to use include the TYPE= sub-option in the RANDOM line.

For example, RANDOM .... / TYPE=UN. This would be unstructured.

Hope this helps.

ksumbundu
Calcite | Level 5

Thank you!

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

What is ANOVA?

ANOVA, or Analysis Of Variance, is used to compare the averages or means of two or more populations to better understand how they differ. Watch this tutorial for more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation