BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
lhpm2024
Calcite | Level 5

I was trying to create a table that may contain some special characters, which keeps resulting in the error: ERROR: Open error: Failed to transcode result set data in column 'X', row 296, to SESSION encoding. Use the SUBCHAR= LIBNAME/DATA SET option to resolve transcoding issues.

Following are the codes I used to create the table. I have tried to add (SUBCHAR=UESC) to the create table line but it's not working. I'm sure that the issue is coming from the column containing some special characters or punctuations, but have no idea how to do the configuration on SAS.

I don't mind simply ignoring those special characters, but right now the whole table cannot be created because of that error. Any help is appreciated!

Proc SQL;
CONNECT TO HADOOP(SERVER="...");
create table work.Temp as
SELECT *
FROM CONNECTION TO HADOOP
(
these are the simple select * from * SQL codes that can be ignored
)
;
disconnect from Hadoop;
quit;
1 REPLY 1
SASKiwi
PROC Star

Please post your complete SAS log where you are using the SUBCHAR option, including the source code and any notes and errors.

Note, you need to be using SAS 9.4M7 or later to use SUBCHAR with Hadoop.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

What is ANOVA?

ANOVA, or Analysis Of Variance, is used to compare the averages or means of two or more populations to better understand how they differ. Watch this tutorial for more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation