BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
kc
Quartz | Level 8 kc
Quartz | Level 8

I am looking for any papers/references along with the code if possible (proc nlmixed) for modeling longitudinal continuous outcome (range 0-100) and survival data. The intent is to calculate the mean difference of the longitudinal outcome between 2 treatment groups at various timepoints. It would be great to understand how the equations required in the proc nlmixed are arrived at for accomplishing the said task. Any pointers in this regard would be extremely helpful.

3 REPLIES 3
StatDave
SAS Super FREQ

You should take a look at the joint modeling capabilities in PROC GLIMMIX using DIST=BYOBS to see if it can handle your situation. See the joint modeling example in the Examples section of the GLIMMIX documentation.

Ksharp
Super User
StatDave ,
PROC GLIMMIX could handle censored data ?
As far as I know COX regression is semi-parameter method ,unlike other GLM assuming Y conform to a distribution.
COX regression using K-M estimator for Y variable.

Maybe @SteveDenham @lvm know the MIXED model for censored data ?
SteveDenham
Jade | Level 19

I would not expect GLIMMIX to do a good job with censored data, as the missing values are not at random.  However, with complete data the BYOBS method for joint distributions that @StatDave brought up is a good idea. The procs FMM and HPFMM allow for truncated normal and Poisson distributions. Censored data can be done with PHREG as you mention, but tobit models (PROC QLIM or ENTROPY in SAS/ETS, LIFEREG in SAS/STAT) may provide better estimates (stress on the word MAY).

SteveDenham

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

What is ANOVA?

ANOVA, or Analysis Of Variance, is used to compare the averages or means of two or more populations to better understand how they differ. Watch this tutorial for more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 like
  • 4 in conversation