BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
☑ This topic is solved. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
Haemoglobin17
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi everyone,

In this period I've been trying to create a DAG for a research project that I've been carrying on. When I discovered that SAS has a specific procedure I was enthusiast , however after several attempts I only obtained tables that summarise the variables in the model and that estimate the causal effect. However it didn't create any graph. Am I doing something wrong? Is it possible to create a DAG graph in SAS?

Here a code that I copied from the SAS User's guide.

Thank you all!!

ods graphics on;

proc causalgraph;
model "Timm17TwoLatent"
Age ==> Parity PFAS Education,
Parity ==> PrevBF Duration PFAS,
PrevBF ==> PFAS Duration,
PFAS ==> Duration,
Education ==> Duration Employment PFAS BMI Alcohol Smoking,
Employment ==> Duration PFAS BMI Alcohol Smoking,
BMI Alcohol Smoking ==> Duration;
identify PFAS ==> Duration;
unmeasured Alcohol Smoking;
run;

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
StatDave
SAS Super FREQ

PROC CAUSALGRAPH examines the structure of graphical causal models and suggests statistical strategies or steps that enable researchers to estimate causal effects that have valid causal interpretations. Causal models are encoded in the form of directed acyclic graphs (Pearl 2009a, 2009b), which are the primary input for the procedure. It does not produce a graph such as shown in the Getting Started section of the PROC CAUSALGRAPH documentation which represents the causal model that is analyzed in PROC CAUSALGRAPH.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
StatDave
SAS Super FREQ

PROC CAUSALGRAPH examines the structure of graphical causal models and suggests statistical strategies or steps that enable researchers to estimate causal effects that have valid causal interpretations. Causal models are encoded in the form of directed acyclic graphs (Pearl 2009a, 2009b), which are the primary input for the procedure. It does not produce a graph such as shown in the Getting Started section of the PROC CAUSALGRAPH documentation which represents the causal model that is analyzed in PROC CAUSALGRAPH.

Haemoglobin17
Obsidian | Level 7

Thank you very much for the answer @StatDave ! What a pity.. the documentation was full of nice graphs...

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

What is ANOVA?

ANOVA, or Analysis Of Variance, is used to compare the averages or means of two or more populations to better understand how they differ. Watch this tutorial for more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 like
  • 2 in conversation