BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Piers
Obsidian | Level 7

Hello,

Does anyone know if its possible to use the SAS procedures to run bidimensional regression, as originally described by WR Tobler (1994).

At a push I can imagine there might be a SAS macro for this, but so far I have not managed to find anything.

I am aware of an R package 'BiDimRegression',  but would prefer to use SAS if possible.

Many thanks for any help with this.

Piers C

5 REPLIES 5
PaigeMiller
Diamond | Level 26

If you search for

"bidimensional regression" sas

you get a number of papers that have been written.

--
Paige Miller
Piers
Obsidian | Level 7

Dear Paige

I have seen these papers, and they are a) very mathematical, and b) do not clearly outline how SAS has been used to implement their routines.

Hence I was wondering whether there might be SAS technical reports, or, dare I hope, worked examples using bidimensional regression in SAS

Best wishes

Piers 

PaigeMiller
Diamond | Level 26

So searching the internet doesn't turn up anything that is useful. Did you search sas.com? Did you search lexjansen.com?

--
Paige Miller
Piers
Obsidian | Level 7
I will have a go ... and thanks for your help, P
Piers
Obsidian | Level 7
So - no SAS specific luck with lexjansen.com or sas.com. Generic internet searched do return hits, but this is with the R package, as I said before. I wonder if there is another term for it?
P

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

What is ANOVA?

ANOVA, or Analysis Of Variance, is used to compare the averages or means of two or more populations to better understand how they differ. Watch this tutorial for more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation