BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Ryanb2
Quartz | Level 8

Thanks, BrunoMueller.  I ran your code and I can see the URL in the log doesn't match the URL I currently see in my session nor does this URL include anything that looks like a port number.  I'm not sure I know what to do with this information.

BrunoMueller
SAS Super FREQ

The two urls should be the same, see the screenshot below

BrunoMueller_0-1707768911824.png

If they are not the same then the FILESRVC file access method is not "talking" to same SAS Viya as you are using with SAS Studio. You should contact your SAS administrator.

Which SAS Viya version are you using? Go to the top right in SAS Studio, click on the user icon and then on About.

Ryanb2
Quartz | Level 8

Thanks for the response.  Yes, my URLs are not the same.  I'm using V.03.05

I'll contact my SAS administrator but I'm getting into an area I'm not familiar with.  I imagine there's a reason why the URLs don't match and it may not be possible or easy to make them match.  If the administrator can't make them match then does this mean I can't run a program from another program in Viya?

BrunoMueller
SAS Super FREQ

Just store your SAS programs on the filesystem, in the screenshot you provided of the Explorer pane it is called DATASTORE. I do not know whether you will have any write access to this. This is a topic to discuss with your SAS administrator.

As this is just a normal filesystem, you will be able to %INCLUDE program as you where used to.

Sajid01
Meteorite | Level 14

Hello @Ryanb2 
My understanding is that the snippets folder is a virtual folder and the contents are stored in the infrastructure data server.
You can add the snippet to an existing program or open the snippets as a program. (Place the mouse cursor and right click on the snippets folder and also on specific snippets folder. See if you can see a physical path in the properties)
What you went to achieve is something that is achievable but all depends on the way the environment at your end was set.
Do have a look at the documentation and particularly this Control SAS Studio file system access in SAS Viya 3.5 - SAS Support Communities.
Your local SAS Administrator should be able to assist.

Ryanb2
Quartz | Level 8

Thanks, Sajid01.  If running from the snippets folder is more complicated then I don't have any concerns about running from a non-snippets folder, but running from a non-snippets folders gives me the same error message.  

Sajid01
Meteorite | Level 14

Hello @Ryanb2 
What you want to do is not complicated at all. The issue is identifying the physical location you can access.
You must seek the help of your local Admins to provide the path of physical location that you can access. Depends upon value of fileNavigationRoot in the Viya configuration.
If you click the server icon in SAS Studio V and right click. See if "properties" is listed. Typically Files and  Users(This is likely to be under SAS Contents) may have a folder with your ID. These typically represent physical paths accessible in SAS Viya.

MAGG
Obsidian | Level 7

An other approach is that you use the  folder_uri  instead of de the folderpath   So that the sas-program will run.

filename ffile filesrvc 
folderuri='/folders/folders/3f352ea7-9362-4dc0-8f9d-27f5301a8fce'
filename='your_program.sas';

%include ffile / source;
filename ffile clear;

You can find the folder-uri in the environmentmanager.

MAGG_0-1707814667444.png

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

Discussion stats
  • 22 replies
  • 23 likes
  • 6 in conversation