BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
danieldor33
Calcite | Level 5

Greetings,

1. We would like to build a projects repository on our SAS Viya 3.5 and SAS Viya 4 platforms.

2. What would be a best practice to do this? What module of the platform should we use?

Thanks!

Daniel

5 REPLIES 5
LinusH
Tourmaline | Level 20

What kind of repositories are you talking about, Git?

Please share more information on your use cases, operational/project models etc for a better understanding of your requirements.

Data never sleeps
danieldor33
Calcite | Level 5

Greetings,

Thanks for your prompt reply. We would like to have a corporate projects repository which everyone in the company can access to run:

1. Models Projects

2. Visual Analytics Projects

3. ETL / Data Studio Projects

4. Forecasting Projects

Thanks.

D

SASKiwi
PROC Star

What change management and code versioning tools are used for other software in your company? I'd recommend using those as SAS doesn't have its own functionality for that. SAS can interface with Git however. We use Azure DevOps, Git and MS Visual Studio to do SAS projects where I work because that's the company standard.

LinusH
Tourmaline | Level 20

Viya comes with OOTB integration with Git, and you can chose which service to use.

There are of course tons of ways to structure&work with Git.

This could be a starting point:

https://blogs.sas.com/content/sasdummy/2020/11/10/sas-projects-git/

Reaching out to SAS Professional Services or a SAS partner if you need guidance "on-site".

Data never sleeps
Sajid01
Meteorite | Level 14

Hello @danieldor33 
You need to be more specific about what type of projects you have in mind.
1.If  "projects" represents projects on the SAS drive, I understand they have been removed from SAS drive in Viya 4.
(https://communities.sas.com/t5/SAS-Visual-Analytics/Creating-Projects-in-SAS-drive-on-SAS-Viya-3-5-o... )

2.If "projects" imply source code control management (SCM) projects (Git etc) then in a typical corporate environment one would need to work with the Devops team to create project repositories. Typically from the admin/management perspective the GitHub/Bitbucket interface would be used.(or similar interfaces from other providers). It is a team work.
From the developer/programmer I am in agreement with what @LinusH  has mentioned.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 4 in conversation