BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
znhnm
Quartz | Level 8

Hi, 

I am new to SAS Model Manager. I have a log reg model I created on SAS VA. I score it every month manualy. Can I do this on Model Manager automaticaly and if yes, are there any resources showing how to do that?

Thanks all! 

2 REPLIES 2
sbxkoenk
SAS Super FREQ

Hello,

If you make / fit your Logistic Regression model in Model Studio or in SAS Studio (PROC LOGSELECT), then you can easily register the final model (and all its metadata) in Model Manager and subsequently publish it (to MAS or to CAS). You can then deploy the model and perform monthly scoring (in an automated way) on new data.

If you start from Visual Analytics (VA), it may be more or less the same (??), ... but I don't have any experience with that.

I know you can do this in VA :
Hover over the upper right corner of the canvas until a snowman appears and click on the snowman to open the overflow menu; select Export model.

(snowman = vertical ellipses icon -- 3 ellipses on top of each other).
Some models are exported as an ASTORE file , but a logistic regression is exported as SAS DATA Step scoring code.

That SAS DATA Step scoring code can be used to score new data (on a monthly basis) in a lot of ways.
You can for example schedule (and run) a monthly job in the job & flow scheduler of the SAS Environment Manager. Would that be OK?

BR,

Koen

znhnm
Quartz | Level 8

Hi Koen,

Thank you. I think it is a good starting point. I will probably come up with some more specific questions soon but in the meantime, if you have any documentation, or any kind of content about how to apply what you describe, please share.

Regards,
Nihan

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation