BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
☑ This topic is solved. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
EyalGonen
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

Hi experts,

I am using the SAS supplied CronJob sas-start-all to start SAS Viya 4 on Azure.

How can I know when it finished to start SAS and I can start to work?

How can I know if is successfully started SAS or failed?

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
shekhar_chavan
SAS Employee

@EyalGonen  this does not looks to be a SAS® Viya® on Microsoft Azure Marketplace Subscription because there is no way to stop and restart Viya on Microsoft Azure Marketplace Subscription and Users can start only an instance or delete an instance.

If the query is for the Viya environment which is installed/deployed on Kubernetes by you or your team, you can raise a support track/case to support@sas.com .

Having said that you need to monitor the pod status to check if all the pods are up and running to know if the Viya services are started or not, below are couple of approaches you can go with.

1. Check pod status:

kubectl get pods -o wide

2. Alternately Readiness service checks the status of the SAS Viya deployment to determine whether it is ready for use , below command can be used for the same:
kubectl wait \
--for=condition=ready pod \
--selector="app.kubernetes.io/name=sas-readiness" \
--timeout=30s

0 = Ready, 1= Error

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
shekhar_chavan
SAS Employee

@EyalGonen  this does not looks to be a SAS® Viya® on Microsoft Azure Marketplace Subscription because there is no way to stop and restart Viya on Microsoft Azure Marketplace Subscription and Users can start only an instance or delete an instance.

If the query is for the Viya environment which is installed/deployed on Kubernetes by you or your team, you can raise a support track/case to support@sas.com .

Having said that you need to monitor the pod status to check if all the pods are up and running to know if the Viya services are started or not, below are couple of approaches you can go with.

1. Check pod status:

kubectl get pods -o wide

2. Alternately Readiness service checks the status of the SAS Viya deployment to determine whether it is ready for use , below command can be used for the same:
kubectl wait \
--for=condition=ready pod \
--selector="app.kubernetes.io/name=sas-readiness" \
--timeout=30s

0 = Ready, 1= Error

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 1 like
  • 2 in conversation