BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed

New functionality in Microsoft Excel, KNN, 8 new SAS Studio Steps | SAS Viya January 2024 Release

Started ‎03-11-2024 by
Modified ‎03-11-2024 by
Views 450

NEW VIYA FEATURES

Check out these new features and what they mean for you.

Product: SAS for Microsoft 365

New featureNew functionality in Microsoft Excel

Description: You can upload Excel data to the SAS server, delete data from your SAS Compute context or CAS server, work with your SAS programs in Excel and work with your SAS Viya jobs in Excel. Learn more.

Product: SAS Studio

New feature: Train recommendations using KNN (k-nearest neighbors)

Description: Identify users and recommend products to those users based on their peers. It is fully CAS-enabled. You can set the aggregation method when scoring these models using PROC ASTORE. Learn more.

Product: SAS Studio

New feature: 8 new steps

Description: These new steps are now available – Enhancing Data Quality: Cleaning data; Enhancing Data Quality: Parsing data; Visualize Data: Series plot; Visualize Data: Choropleth map; Statistics: Combination; Statistics: Dice roll simulation; Statistics: Permutations; and Manage Model: Register Python Model. Learn more.

Product: SAS Model Manager and SAS Workflow Manager

New feature: Trustworthy AI life cycle workflow

Description: The workflow allows organizations to document their considerations of AI systems’ impact on human lives. Learn more.

SPOTLIGHT USE CASE

Train recommendations using KNN (k-nearest neighbors)

Imagine you are building a movie streaming platform, and you want to enhance the user experience by providing personalized movie recommendations. When a user logs in, the platform retrieves their profile and identifies the k most similar users based on their movie preferences using the trained KNN model. These similar users are referred to as the "nearest neighbors" of the current user.

TIP OF THE MONTH

weik-david.jpgBrought to you by David Weik
Senior Pre-Sales Solutions Architect, SAS

Sharing is caring, so here is a quick tip on how you can share your My Snippets with colleagues:

When you have created a snippet that you want to share with others, you have to go to the Snippets pane (1), select the My Snippets tab (2), right-click the snippet you want to share with others, select Copy snippet to Explorer (3) from the context menu and select the target folder in the Save As dialog to a location that everybody can access. Then, if someone wants to make use of that snippet, they must go to the Explorer pane (4), navigate to the shared location inside of SAS Content, right-click the snippet from the context menu, select Copy to My Snippets (5) and in the Copy to My Snippets, they can move it to the desired subfolder, change the Abbreviation, and more. 

2024.02 David 1.png2024.02 David 2.png

Version history
Last update:
‎03-11-2024 08:26 PM
Updated by:
Contributors

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

Article Tags