BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
sara93
Calcite | Level 5

hello,

I am attempting to create the same report in SAS. Could you assist me in calculating the total and percentage for each equipment, as illustrated in the image? I've tried in SAS, but the result doesn't appear to be accurate. I aim for the subtotal to be 100%.

sara93_1-1709924127276.png

sara93_2-1709924841830.png

Thank you

4 REPLIES 4
Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ
Hi, What procedure are you using? What code have you tried. Your very wide screen shot it too small to read and too blurry when zoomed. Without data or some idea of the structure of your input data, and some idea of the code you're using and the type of output you need, no one is really able to make constructive suggestions. My instinct is to suggest PROC TABULATE, however, without seeing the structure of the data, I'm not sure that it is the correct instinct.
Cynthia
sara93
Calcite | Level 5

thank you for your respond,

im using a cross tab  with hierarchy column (epuipement + brand) and parc actif is my measure . 

sara93_0-1709927054823.png

I have calculated Pourcentage by following these steps :

sara93_1-1709927329310.png

and adding subtotal to my crosstab.

is there any way to calculate the total of percent of the subtotal similar to the following crosstab

sara93_2-1709927524693.png

HunterT_SAS
SAS Employee

If you are using Visual Analytics 7.5x on SAS 9.4, then I'm afraid you are out of luck here. There is no way I'm aware of to get 100% for the subtotals in that release I'm afraid. This is due to the nature of that automatic calculated subtotals. You would have to do these calculations in your raw data before loading to LASR/Visual Analytics, then they would be have like normal measures rather than calculated aggregations, and would sum the way you are expecting.

If you are using SAS Viya however, there is a workaround. The automatic calculated subtotals does behave the same way here as it does in SAS 9.4, BUT there is an aggregated measure function called AggregateTable that will allow us to manually create the same calculation, and get the sum to work the way you would like.

To achieve this, you would need to create a calculated item that looks like this. I have substituted your column names so hopefully you can just copy and paste this into a new calculated item:

Sum [_ByGroup_] ('Parc actif'n) / AggregateTable(_Sum_, Table(_Sum_, Fixed('Categorie'n), 'Parc actif'n))

The first part, Sum [_ByGroup_] ('Parc actif'n), is just the normal sum for each Categorie/Operatuer combination.
The second part, AggregateTable(_Sum_, Table(_Sum_, Fixed('Categorie'n), 'Parc actif'n)) is the sum of just the Categorie data item. 
And of course dividing the two gets us the subtotal.

Then when you turn on subtotals in the crosstab, it should get you that 100%. I've mocked up an example here using the SASHELP.CARS data with Origin, Type, and MSRP so you can see the difference:

HunterT_SAS_0-1709933009091.png

HunterT_SAS_1-1709933046513.png

Hopefully that helps you out!

sara93
Calcite | Level 5

Thank you for your response. Unfortunately, I am working with SAS VA 7.5 on SAS 9.4. Therefore, I will need to perform these calculations on my raw data before loading it into LASR/Visual Analytics.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation