BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
vallsas
Pyrite | Level 9

Hi,

I have a doubt on cas library when we import table from database or file that we see two tables with same name. I understand from doc that one is source file and other one is in memory table. why source table still appear in the cas library ? if business user don't know about which is source table and which is in-memory table how to differentiate them in a classy way? to use the right table while report generation? thanks in advance!

vallsas_0-1623488586755.png

Here in my example MAP is the in-memory table and MAP.sashdat was created when I import from excel file but I can't use it in my report . In this case I should use MAP table(in picture first table) for my report generation.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Madelyn_SAS
SAS Super FREQ

The source table does not go away. It is needed in order to reload the table to memory. If you are asking about Visual Analytics reports, those are always created using the in-memory table. 

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Madelyn_SAS
SAS Super FREQ

The source table does not go away. It is needed in order to reload the table to memory. If you are asking about Visual Analytics reports, those are always created using the in-memory table. 

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 1 like
  • 2 in conversation