BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
Tarunsai
Fluorite | Level 6

Hi All,

We have upgraded our environment from 9.4 M5 to M7. After Upgrading to M7 when we are trying to start LASR services we are unable to start. 

We are getting the below error:

ERROR: unable to register lasr server with authentication service

Can anyone please suggest.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JuanS_OCS
Amethyst | Level 16

Hi @Tarunsai , fantastic news! Really glad to hear all goes well now.

Would you mind to mark the good answer as your accepted solution? Might help others.

Thanks!

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
CarmineVerrell
SAS Employee

As this is an upgrade to software that is not working, I would suggest opening an urgent tech support ticket.

https://support.sas.com/en/technical-support/contact-sas.html

Anand_V
Ammonite | Level 13

Hi @Tarunsai 

How are you starting the LASR server? Using the new SAS EVM UI or using code?

Tarunsai
Fluorite | Level 6

Hi @Anand_V 

We have tried using both ways and the result was the same Error.

Anand_V
Ammonite | Level 13

Can you enable workspace server logs to see if there are any other error messages reported during startup of SAS Session? Also, do you see any errors in the mid-tier log?

Tarunsai
Fluorite | Level 6

Yes, we have enabled the workspace logs and also checked the mid-tier logs we did not get any error messages. 

The only error message we got is in the Last action log when we are trying to start the LASR.

JuanS_OCS
Amethyst | Level 16
Hello,
this error point to the LASRAuthentication service. Therefore the Web Server and this web app logs are the ones worth to look at.

My best guess right now is that you have wrong your internal/external URLs or you are having a certificates issue. Ensure both are at tge right and expected level. If you have to, import the full certificate path into every JRE certificate store (and EVM) of your deployment, including clients
Tarunsai
Fluorite | Level 6

Hi @JuanS_OCS 

Thank you for the inputs,

I had checked the Certificates and I found that the root certificate got expired. The issue is resolved after importing the new certificates.

JuanS_OCS
Amethyst | Level 16

Hi @Tarunsai , fantastic news! Really glad to hear all goes well now.

Would you mind to mark the good answer as your accepted solution? Might help others.

Thanks!

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 5 likes
  • 4 in conversation