BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
don21
Quartz | Level 8

I have a situation where I am showing performance trend. Inorder to show whether the trend is improving or declining I have two methods :

1. example, if I have a measure named Price and I need to show the color coding of trend. I want to show it based on monthly status.

if this month- Agu'19 price is 2000 and the avg of price since last 6 months is 2500 then This month price will be in red. If next month is 2500 and the last 6 month avg is 2300 then that value will be in green.

2 If the price of this month is 2000 and last month it was 1800,then it will be in green.. compared to last month I will show in red or green

How is it possible to apply colors in SAS vA. I have tried all possible methods I know but no luck. Please help me with this..

Many thanks in advance. If this is not possible, any suggestions would be welcomed..

🙂

1 REPLY 1
jtheunis
Fluorite | Level 6

Hi Don,

Yes, this is possible. With the Rank functionality, you can set different color tresholds. In your case it should be something like "If Current Price < Avg Price (6 months) then Red".

To be able to use these 2 measures, you should either create calculated items or do the calculations up front in your data preparation.

I don't think it's a good idea to combine both of your methods in one object / page, it will be confusing for end users.

Hope it made sense,

Jasper

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation