BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
fatcat
Calcite | Level 5

Hi, I have a table with postal codes (i.e. m4p 1y3) and demographic information such as age and gender. Trying to plot a Geo Map, but not working out. primarily i can only associate the code down to the province level in the Subdivision.

Any suggestions?

Tia, 

Alex

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Darrell_sas
SAS Employee

SAS only has US ZIP Code centroids.  It doesn't have any Postal Codes from other countries (I think you can get Austraila and England for free).  And no ZIP or Postal  Code polygons/regions.  

If you have a source of Canada postal code centroids, you can use SAS/Graph Proc GEOCODE to assign the lat/long to your postal codes and then move the data to VA.  You will have to do a custom bubble map.

For more information, see: http://support.sas.com/rnd/papers/#2013

PROC GEOCODE: Finding Locations Outside the U.S.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Darrell_sas
SAS Employee

SAS only has US ZIP Code centroids.  It doesn't have any Postal Codes from other countries (I think you can get Austraila and England for free).  And no ZIP or Postal  Code polygons/regions.  

If you have a source of Canada postal code centroids, you can use SAS/Graph Proc GEOCODE to assign the lat/long to your postal codes and then move the data to VA.  You will have to do a custom bubble map.

For more information, see: http://support.sas.com/rnd/papers/#2013

PROC GEOCODE: Finding Locations Outside the U.S.

fatcat
Calcite | Level 5

Thanks Darrell, will give that a try. 

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation